The Logitech Combo Touch is a keyboard and trackpad case for the iPad Pro. The magnetically detachable keyboard connects using a smart connector rather than Bluetooth and the case offers several more features than Apple’s and comes at a more affordable cost.
The packaging comes in a solid white box and includes the below:
- Logitech Combo Touch Case w/ hinged stand
- Combo Touch keyboard with trackpad
- Instruction manual
- 16 levels Backlit keyboard
- 4 Modes: Type, View, Sketch, Read
- Detachable keyboard
- Multi-Touch, click-anywhere trackpad
- Full row of iPadOS shortcut keys
- Smart Connector powered
- Adjustable viewing angles
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty
The Logitech Combo Touch is made up of a case that protects the iPad Pro and includes a kickstand. There is also a magnetically detachable keyboard/trackpad. It in two color options – Oxford Grey and Sand and weighs nearly as same as Apple’s Magic Keyboard. The woven outer fabric feels as great as it looks. It’s comfortable, attractive, and looks elegant. The case is made to perfectly fit the iPad, protecting the front, back, and corners from scrapes and bumps.
The case has an opening for charging the Apple Pencil while the left side has the Smart Connector magnets. There are also cutouts for the speakers, cameras and the charging port. They keyboard can be magnetically detached so you can sketch, read or watch videos or use the adjustable kickstand’s 50 degrees of tilt.
Keyboard & Trackpad
The keyboard connects using Logitech’s smart connector technology and no pairing is required. There are no batteries required as the power for Combo Touch is sourced directly from the iPad.
The keyboard is large enough for comfortable typing. Key travel is ok but typing is fairly quiet. There is also a row of shortcut keys compatible with iPadOS at the top of the keyboard, which allows you to adjust volume, media controls, brightness levels, and more with one-tap access. The keys are backlit and automatically adjust to the environment with 16 levels of brightness.
The touch pad is large and allows is precise and easily recognizes multi-touch gestures available on the iPad such as swipe, tap, pinch, and scroll in apps like Safari, Keynote, and Pages.
The case can be adjusted in the following ways:
- Type Mode: Dock the keyboard upright, pull out the kickstand, and you’re ready to type out notes, emails, and more.
- View Mode: Detach the keyboard and pull out the kickstand to watch movies and videos.
- Sketch Mode: Fully extend the kickstand for the perfect angle to take handwritten notes and draw with Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon.
- Read Mode: Detach the keyboard—or reattach it with the keys turned inward—to read books, articles, and more.
The Logitech Combo Touch for iPad is a detachable keyboard with a trackpad built into a sleek case. The build quality is great and the fabric exterior looks classy and is resistant to slips and scratches.
The Logitech Combo Touch is a great keyboard and case combo for the 5th-generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro. The highlight is the detachable keyboard, the trackpad and the extra row of shortcut keys. The Logitech Combo Touch is also cheaper than Apple’s Magic Keyboard. And as the Combo Touch uses Smart Connector, the keyboard does not need to be charged or paired.