1. Can you tell us a little bit about HONOR current position and plans in the region?
HONOR introduced a diverse range of products in GCC market in the first half of the year including the revolutionary HONOR Magic 4 Pro, HONOR 70 with industry first features and the mid-range HONOR X Series. In the IOT segment we introduced the new generation MagicBook X series in 14 & 15 inch and smart wearables the HONOR Watch GS3 and Ear buds Pro. Middle East is considered as one of the top markets for HONOR as a brand and we will continue to bring smart devices in the market. As a brand we are dedicated to creating a new intelligent world for everyone through our powerful products and services.
Our focus for this last quarter is our affordable range of X series devices and our first tablet in Middle East market HONOR Pad 8, that comes with a 12-inch 2K Eye-Care HONOR FullView display, offering an industry-leading screen-to-body ratio of 87%.
In the first half we saw growth of 477% in our GCC Business and we are confident that by year end we will perform well with the revolutionary new products with compelling features which stand out amongst competitors and beat several industry benchmarks. By end of this year, we plan to achieve a 10% market share.
2. Since the Pad 8 is HONOR’s first ever tablet in the global market, what kind of processor does the Pad 8 have?
HONOR Pad 8 is equipped with a powerful octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 chipset, which is built to deliver enhanced performance for extended multimedia play. Backed by the Qualcomm Adreno 610 GPU, the chipset has been designed to deliver superior performance while conserving power, enabling users to enjoy enhanced power efficiency, even after extended periods of use.
The HONOR Pad 8 also comes with the latest HONOR Magic UI 6.1 based on Android 12, offering a range of enhanced and customized features to provide a smart experience to users.
3. Can you tell us how HONOR Pad 8 stands out from its competitors?
The HONOR Pad 8 comes with the latest HONOR Magic UI 6.1 based on Android 12, offering a range of enhanced, customized features to provide a smart experience to users.
- HONOR Share – With HONOR Share, the HONOR Pad 8 enables speedy cross-system file transfers between an HONOR tablet, smartphone and a PC supporting HONOR PC Manager, keeping users always ahead and connected.
- Multi-Screen Collaboration – With upgraded multi-screen collaboration capabilities, the HONOR Pad 8 empowers users to multi-task conveniently between the HONOR Pad 8 and their smartphone.
- APP Extender – The HONOR Pad 8 supports APP Extender, enabling users to use two apps at the same time using one screen. Users can switch between apps in parallel or horizontal and lock one-side of the screen when they need to focus on one task.
- Multi-Window Viewing – Offering multi-window viewing, the HONOR Pad 8 allows users to multitask using a split-screen, boosting efficiency no matter if users are working, enjoying movies and games or reading. Up to three different apps can run on the same screen at the same time, bringing users enhanced experience to run multiple tasks independently.
4. Can you tell us more about IoT features in Pad 8?
HONOR’s smart IoT ecosystem provides seamless navigation between all user devices including PCs, tablets, phones and smartwatches. The HONOR Pad 8’s Multi-Screen Collaboration capabilities empowers users to multi-task conveniently between the HONOR Pad 8 and their smartphone. HONOR Pad 8 also comes with HONOR Share which enables speedy cross-system file transfers between other smart devices, keeping users always ahead and connected.
5. Are there affordable models planned for the near future?
HONOR has launched two models, HONOR Pad 8 & the more affordable version – HONOR X8 Lite. The HONOR PAD 8 comes in the price range of AED 1199 and is available in Blue Hour. HONOR Pad 8 is now available across the region and comes with flipcover and HONOR CHOICE Earbuds X for a total value of AED 248 which offer a great value for money.
We would like to thank Zac Li for his time in answering our questions!